Sunday, April 1, 2012


Whenever anyone asks me about my illnesses, or makes the comment "what's wrong with you?" I give them the story of "The Spoon Theory," and I ask that they read it. Once they have read it I am happy to explain in more detail what is going on with me.  "Why?" might you ask do I give the story. The first reason is because I don't look sick.  You cannot "see" my illnesses. I don't walk with any support devices, sometimes I might limp, but not always. What illnesses do I have? I have neurocardogenic syncope, diabetes, fibromyalgia, arthritis, hypothyroidism, chronic fatigue syndrome, ....there are others but no need to list them all.  These are all illnesses that you cannot openly see. It takes a lot to get through the day, which is the second reason I give the story!  If you saw my medicine list you would be in shock...well unless you have more illnesses than I do.
I do my best to stay active, but it is difficult and I am learning to take things as they come.  Because stress is a huge factor in how I feel.  Otherwise I would run out of spoons...where can you read the story?...you will find it: http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/articles/written-by-christine/the-spoon-theory-written-by-christine-miserandino/ 

After you have read it, come back and leave me a comment on what your thoughts are....

Darla

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts and feelings. We all benefit from hearing from you.

Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12, 2013

Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12, 2013
Let us all be VISIBLE! May 12, 2013

Akemi Collection by Darla